If you meet the eligibility criteria, have read the FAQs and are interested in volunteering, please complete the application below and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 17, 2017. If you have any questions, feel free contact us via email!
As part of the American and Honduran medical team, student interns assist with patient registration and other duties at the RVPC for one month or longer. Outside of clinic, student interns may volunteer with local community organizations or carry out their own independent projects. The opportunity is ideal for undergraduates, but may also fulfill non-clinical elective requirements for medical students.
The internship is an unpaid, volunteer position. The volunteer is responsible for all expenses, including airfare, lodging, food and incidentals while on-site.
Candidates must have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate education to apply and must:
- Demonstrate written and oral fluency in Spanish, including medical terminology (proficiency will be tested upon application)
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be resourceful and take initiative
- Staff the Clinic from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. each day
- Conduct all business in Spanish
- Abide by local regulations and follow the direction of the Clinic Director and Hospital Director
- Demonstrate respect for other cultures and sensitivity to local cultural values
- Observe prevailing workplace hierarchies and protocols
- Work independently but also function effectively as a member of a team
- Be open to perspectives, opinions, and values different from their own
- Read and understand the CDC Zika Virus Travel Information ( https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/
travel/page/zika-travel- information ) and to adhere to the CDC guidelines for minimizing exposure risk
More questions? Browse the FAQs.